Thursday, May 26, 2011

I Wish I was a Runner


It is official that I am doing another Triathlon on August 13th. As much as I loved my last triathlon I am very hesitant about doing this one. The reason being is that I don't really have a lot of time to train. I leave in two weeks for Europe for about a month and I wont be doing much training there. Then when I get back I only have July and then a few weeks in August, don't forget that I am getting married in the middle of all of this to. It is going to be a very interesting experience, but I just keep telling myself "I can do hard things" and then I feel a little better.

Once it was decided that Nathan and I were going to do this triathlon (actually Nathan is doing the half iron man, Crazy) we jumped into training mode. Monday morning I began running. I am not a runner at all. It's not that I don't enjoy running, because when I don't feel like dying I really like it. Sometimes I crave running, this does not make me a runner though. Today for instance I only went 2 1/2 miles not very far for many people. However, my body was saying "What are you doing? Are you crazy? Why do you think this is good for me?" As my body thought those things I kept saying to myself "I love this, I love running, running is my favorite thing ever, just think how nice you are going to look in your wedding dress." Most of these thought were me lying to myself, besides me looking good in my dress.

Today was only day 2 in my training and of course it is bound to get better. I am not a runner yet, but I will one day become one. My goal is to one day be able to call myself a RUNNER! Today is not that day though.

No comments: